CR-8000 Applications Engineer, SOZO Center
Zuken seeks an Applications Engineer to support Zuken’s CR-8000 software suite.
As a member of the Zuken SOZO Center, you will provide application support for Zuken’s CR-8000 software suite, with an emphasis on schematic-entry, front-end engineering tools, high-speed design, simulation and analysis. You will be expected to configure and customize our software to support strategic business activities, prepare and deliver product presentations and demonstrations, and communicate requirements to development teams.
- Provide support for Pre-Sales team or directly deliver software demonstrations and presentations
- Assist customers and prospects with software setup, evaluations and implementations
- Understand customer needs, fit software to specific requirements, and provide both onsite and offsite technical support
- Collaborate with R&D teams to communicate customer requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in hardware engineering (IC packaging and/or PCB) as a field applications engineer, EE, design engineer or analysis engineer
- Understanding of advanced IC and IC packaging technologies, such as 2.5/3D IC and WLP is a strong plus
- Experience and knowledge in HW system architecting and system level schematic / simulation is a strong plus
- Programming skill in C++ is a strong plus
- Scripting skills, such as Tcl, Java-script are required
- Experience with implementation of high-speed interfaces, such as DDRx, PCIE, SerDes
- Experience with constraint management, topology development, 2D/ 3D field solvers, signal integrity, EMC, power integrity, SPICE and/or IBIS modeling are strong plusses
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, have outstanding communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Must be capable of working in a team environment as well as individually and also possess strong customer relation skills
- Business travel requirements range between 40% – 60% of the employee’s time
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR.
- Zuken SOZO Center office in Silicon Valley. Other region home office considered for suitable candidates
Note: “Sozo” is a Japanese word meaning “create”. It is used in the name of Zuken’s R&D center in Silicon Valley to stress the core importance of this concept and our desire to help our partners create new and innovative products. Zuken’s first product – Create 2000, launched in 1978 – was Japan’s first full CAD/CAM system and the name continues to be used in its shortened form in the name of Zuken’s CR-5000 and CR-8000 electronic design software