Why Use Automated ECAD Tools to Quote Wire Harnesses?
Live webinar: May 30, 2018 - 2:00PM EST
Does generating a quote for manufacturing a harness seem complicated and cumbersome?
You are not alone. It is the common theme across many industries. Precious resources are spent keeping track of parts, long lead items, cost of parts vs. labor etc. and invariably a manual process leads to gaps and errors. Delayed projects and cost penalties are hurting bottom lines across the board.
ECAD offers many advantages over traditional manual processes with the ability to select parts from a vast database of smart components and synchronization with your business systems like ERP to drive a complete quotation based on the design.
Designs are accelerated with the use of intelligent drawings using smart components and automation of mundane tasks like the generation of bills of materials, wire lists and splice details. The manufacturing and commissioning process is streamlined with the help of formboard drawings, on-demand MCAD integration and design rule checks to ensure quality is always top notch. The proverbial cherry on top is the ability an ECAD system provides to drive your production workflow by connecting with industry-leading automated test and harness manufacturing machines.
What you’ll learn:
- The relationship between 1:1 formboard drawings and ECAD
- Can you really create bills of materials and wire run lists by clicking a button?
- Quotations with lead time and assembly time factored in the cost of the harness
- The most efficient process for sizing and placement of cable protection
- How to link to manufacturing equipment automatically from a smart ECAD tool
- How to document the design to enhance design intelligence and provide design clarity using intelligent reporting
Who should attend:
- Engineering directors and strategic thinkers
- Technical, manufacturing and electrical design engineers
- Engineering managers
- Product managers
- Quality assurance and testing engineers and managers
- Electrical technicians
- Pricing specialists