Board Modeler: Bridging the Gap between Electronic and Mechanical Design
Design rework can cost you time and money. And going back and forth between ECAD and MCAD departments takes time. With Board Modeler, you can address that problem using neutral file formats such as IDF and STEP. PCB and Mechanical designers alike can get an accurate 3D view of the project to see how a board will fit into the enclosure, decreasing your overall cycle time. In this webinar, we’ll show you how Board Modeler can help you maximize your design space, cut down on iterations, and produce more accurate designs in less time.
What you’ll learn:
- How to improve collaboration between Mechanical and Electrical engineering.
- How to reduce design cycle time by minimizing iterations between design departments.
- How to maximize the efficient use of available space in an electro-mechanical assembly.
- How to read PCB and Mechanical files into Board Modeler using standard neutral file formats.
- How to check collisions, violations and problems in your design, resolve problems, and back annotate them into the respective systems in the same neutral file formats.
Who should attend:
- PCB Designers working with limited space or tight enclosures
- Electrical Engineers who work closely with the PCB design teams
- MCAD Engineers who interface with ECAD departments
- Product Engineers who oversee electronic and mechanical design