Keeping up with Tomorrow’s Electricity Demands
Live webinar: January 17, 2018 - 2:00 PM EST
What are the smart utilities doing differently?
One major step is to create a smart and dependable infrastructure. Designing that infrastructure with accuracy and speed is an essential element of the strategic outlook. A design in the generation and distribution space requires careful attention to detail in every aspect from concept all the way through to documentation.
In the days past, the process was completely manual with:
- The conceptual design being created first by one team, then passed to the next team to document the design logically.
- The physical design was again created manually and then passed on to another yet another team to document it.
- Finally, the documentation to assist with the design and purchasing was created manually.
All these areas are serial in nature and any change in one area requires work from the other teams to ensure accuracy of data. Errors are not an option, that leaves onerous and laborious checking and cross checking to ensure an error-free design.
Today, utilities like Hydro-Québec and Hydro One are leading the way in creating a seamless design process where multiple teams are working together to create a robust quality-focused system in a fraction of the time.
What you’ll learn:
We will discuss the main strategies to accelerate your design and manufacturing process:
- How to create large designs with multiple teams efficiently
- How to re-use information effectively at every stage
- How to create panel drawings i.e., connection wiring diagrams, automatically
- How to create cable/terminal drawings automatically
- How to speed up loop drawings
- How to speed up design and build with the help of intelligent reporting
- How to track changes across versions in minute detail to enhance safety compliance
- How to implement a common library from concept to physical design
Who should attend:
- Engineering directors and strategic thinkers
- Change management specialists
- Technical and electrical design engineers
- Engineering managers
- Product managers
- Quality assurance and testing engineers and managers
Paul Harvell, Product Director of E3.series
More than 25 years of experience working with multiple industries makes Paul a remarkable source of knowledge and solutions for electrical design.
Paul played a key role in enabling Hydro-Québec and Hydro One to adopt Zuken’s E3.series solution. In addition to facilitating installation and implementation on immense scales, he was able to develop and implement new workflows and processes to help drive efficiency and quality across design teams.