Practical Signal Integrity for improved EMI Control in PCB Design
The fast signal switching times of today’s digital systems require particular attention to the signal integrity during design to ensure reliable operation and EMI control.
In our webinar we will provide an introduction to the challenges of signal integrity and the underlying physical effects. This will provide the basis for practical tips to address the related challenges during PCB design.
What you’ll learn:
- Layer stack and impedance control – impact of materials and stack-up on Zo, Impedance characteristics of single tracks and differential pairs
- Signal routing topology and impact on signal integrity
- Power distribution networks, Signal return paths and EMI issues
- How to ensure adherence to high speed constraints during placement and routing
- Concurrent signal integrity analysis
Who should attend:
- Technical and electrical design engineers
- engineering managers
- product managers
- quality assurance and testing engineers
Ralf Bruening works as Product Manager for High-speed Design Systems at the Zuken EMC Technology Center in Paderborn/Germany, responsible for product marketing and business development for the Zuken SI, PI and EMC analysis tools. He holds a diploma degree in computer science, electrical engineering and economics from the University of Paderborn. He has 30 years of experience in Electronics and EDA. He is regular speaker on international conferences, but is involved in European Funding project and standardization activities as well.